Determining Solar Power Plant Location Using Hesitant Fuzzy AHP Method
Gökçe Candan, Ph.D.
Merve Cengiz Toklu, Ph.D.
The fossil resource consumption, which is scarce for the solution of the increasing energy demand problem as the population increases, is replaced by the consumption of renewable energy resources. Solar energy from renewable energy sources is the type of energy with the highest potential on earth. The maximization of the efficiency to be taken from solar energy is possible with the correct selection of the location. The decision to decide on more than one criterion for multiple alternatives is a very difficult problem. Therefore, the problem of choosing a solar power plant is a complex decision problem, and this study aims to solve the problem of the most appropriate location for the Solar Power Plant by using Hesitant Fuzzy AHP. Based on linguistic expressions of three different decision makers, three alternative locations were evaluated by considering four different evaluation criteria.
Keywords: Hesitant Fuzzy AHP, Location Decision, MCDM, Multi Criteria Decision Making, Solar Power
Jel Classification: C44, O13, Q42
Cengiz Toklu, M. (2021). Determining Solar Power Plant Location Using Hesitant Fuzzy AHP Method. Alphanumeric Journal, 9(1), 25-34. http://dx.doi.org/10.17093/alphanumeric.747299
- Adem, A., Çakit, E., & Dağdeviren, M. (2020). Occupational health and safety risk assessment in the domain of Industry 4.0. SN Applied Sciences, 2(5), 1-6.
- Akkas, O. P., Erten, M. Y., Cam, E., & Inanc, N. (2017). Optimal site selection for a solar power plant in the Central Anatolian Region of Turkey. International Journal of Photoenergy, 2017.
- Aktas, A., & Kabak, M. (2019). A hybrid hesitant fuzzy decision-making approach for evaluating solar power plant location sites. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 44(8), 7235-7247.
- Al Garni, H. Z., & Awasthi, A. (2017). Solar PV power plant site selection using a GIS-AHP based approach with application in Saudi Arabia. Applied energy, 206, 1225-1240.
- Aragonés-Beltrán, P., Chaparro-González, F., Pastor-Ferrando, J. P., & Pla-Rubio, A. (2014). An AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process)/ANP (Analytic Network Process)-based multi-criteria decision approach for the selection of solar-thermal power plant investment projects. Energy, 66, 222-238.
- Ayhan, M. B. (2018). Yaz Spor Okulu Seçiminde Entegre Bir Tereddütlü-Bulanık AHP ve TOPSIS Yaklaşımı. Sakarya University Journal of Science, 22(2), 269-284.
- Boltürk, E., Çevik Onar, S., Öztayşi, B., Kahraman, C., & Goztepe, K. (2016). Multi-attribute warehouse location selection in humanitarian logistics using hesitant fuzzy AHP. International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process, 8(2), 271-298.
- Büyüközkan, G., & Mukul, E. Evaluation of smart health technologies with hesitant fuzzy linguistic MCDM methods. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 39(5), 6363-6375.
- Candan, G. (2020). Efficiency and performance analysis of economics research using hesitant fuzzy AHP and OCRA methods. Scientometrics, 124(3), 2645-2659.
- Choudhary, D., & Shankar, R. (2012). An STEEP-fuzzy AHP-TOPSIS framework for evaluation and selection of thermal power plant location: A case study from India. Energy, 42(1), 510-521.
- Çolak, M., & Kaya, İ. (2020). Multi-criteria evaluation of energy storage technologies based on hesitant fuzzy information: a case study for Turkey. Journal of Energy Storage, 28, 101211.
- Filev, D., & Yager, R. R. (1998). On the issue of obtaining OWA operator weights. Fuzzy sets and systems, 94(2), 157-169.
- Jun, D., Tian-Tian, F., Yi-Sheng, Y., & Yu, M. (2014). Macro-site selection of wind/solar hybrid power station based on ELECTRE-II. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 35, 194-204.
- Kahraman, C., Onar, S. Ç., & Öztayşi, B. (2018). B2C marketplace prioritization using hesitant fuzzy linguistic AHP. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 20(7), 2202-2215.
- Kengpol, A., Rontlaong, P., & Tuominen, M. (2012). Design of a decision support system for site selection using fuzzy AHP: a case study of solar power plant in north eastern parts of Thailand. In 2012 Proceedings of PICMET'12: Technology Management for Emerging Technologies (pp. 734-743). IEEE.
- Lee, A. H., Kang, H. Y., & Liou, Y. J. (2017). A hybrid multiple-criteria decision-making approach for photovoltaic solar plant location selection. Sustainability, 9(2), 184.
- Lee, A. H., Kang, H. Y., Lin, C. Y., & Shen, K. C. (2015). An integrated decision-making model for the location of a PV solar plant. Sustainability, 7(10), 13522-13541.
- Liu, H., & Rodríguez, R. M. (2014). A fuzzy envelope for hesitant fuzzy linguistic term set and its application to multicriteria decision making. Information Sciences, 258, 220-238.
- Özdemir, B., Özcan, B., & Aladağ, Z. (2017). Güneş enerjisi santrali kuruluş yerinin AHS ve VIKOR yöntemlerine dayalı bütünleşik yaklaşım ile değerlendirilmesi. Erciyes Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü Fen Bilimleri Dergisi, 33(2), 16-34.
- Öztaysi, B., Onar, S. Ç., Boltürk, E., & Kahraman, C. (2015, August). Hesitant fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. In 2015 IEEE international conference on fuzzy systems (FUZZ-IEEE) (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Rodriguez, R. M., Martinez, L., & Herrera, F. (2011). Hesitant fuzzy linguistic term sets for decision making. IEEE Transactions on fuzzy systems, 20(1), 109-119.
- Samanlioglu, F., & Ayağ, Z. (2017). A fuzzy AHP-PROMETHEE II approach for evaluation of solar power plant location alternatives in Turkey. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 33(2), 859-871.
- Samanlioglu, F., & Kaya, B. E. (2020). Evaluation of the COVID-19 pandemic intervention strategies with hesitant F-AHP. Journal of Healthcare Engineering, 2020.
- Torra, V. (2010). Hesitant fuzzy sets. International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 25(6), 529-539.
- Wu, Y., Geng, S., Zhang, H., & Gao, M. (2014). Decision framework of solar thermal power plant site selection based on linguistic Choquet operator. Applied Energy, 136, 303-311.
- Yunna, W., & Geng, S. (2014). Multi-criteria decision making on selection of solar–wind hybrid power station location: A case of China. Energy Conversion and Management, 81, 527-533.
Volume 9, Issue 1, 2021
Received: June 2, 2020
Accepted: April 18, 2021
Published: June 30, 2021
Full Text [523.2 KB]
Cengiz Toklu, M.
This is an Open Access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution licence, which permits unrestricted re-use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
scan QR code to access this article from your mobile device